Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Exciting times ahead!


Hi overland lovers!
My name is Bruce Paice, a bit of an adventure nut. I would like to thank Martin Solms for giving me this opportunity to jot down my thoughts on Overland Live. I was originally born in Zimbabwe where I spent the first twenty years of my life riding motorcycles on some of the most awesome terrain Africa has to offer. I competed in Motocross and Enduro when I had a nasty accident whilst competing and broke both legs. This put my riding career to an end. But that did not stop me from getting back on a bike! Since then I have been riding socially and commuting whilst sharpening my skills as a mechanic.



I have been working in the motor trade for 14 years now and I have a good knowledge of all things mechanical. I have built up a good understanding for motorcycle mechanics over the years, having owned quite a range of motorcycles from motocross to super sport road bikes, and everything in between. My love for motorcycle adventure has been growing for quite some time now and after watching Charley Boorman and Ewan Mc Gregor in ‘The Long Way Down’, I came up with my crazy idea to ride from London to Cape Town and back. Riding down the west coast of Africa and back up the east will tally a total of around 30,000 miles but I figure that it’s not about the distance you travel but rather about the journey you take. I have put a lot of effort into researching this trip and hope to complete it in 2013. I would like to share the ins and outs of my thoughts & research on this adventure with you all.


Follow via http://twitter.com/zimbo243




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome...